||[Oct. 27th, 2006|12:31 pm]
So last night my lovely Dave confessed that not only does he like my cooking - he loves the fact that I cook.|
"Well you know.. not like it's a turnon but it's so sweet and attractive"
Strangely enough, instead of getting on some phony feminist high horse, I was pleased. Watching D. eat is deeply enjoyable on some primodial, caring-for-your-mate level.
Let's admit it, bitches, we got some good men in our lives and we love to feed them. So if you could, what feast would you cook up for him, dietary restraints be damned?
Here's mine - I've made all of these for him at some point:
- Butternut squash bisque with extra cream and nutmeg
- Scalloped Potatoes with mature cheddar
- Pork chops in mustard and brown sugar sauce (yes, I'd handle dead pig for him)
- Nice fresh salad with home-made vinaigrette (he'd make the vinaigrette)
- New York style cheesecake